The holidays are upon us. However, that doesn’t mean that our businesses come to a halt. For many us that means just the opposite. Regardless of what side of the aisle your business lands on the important thing to remember is that our customers are still out there. Here are five tips that you can use to maximize your time and keep your customers engaged during the holidays.
1. Use Sendout cards to connect with customers, family, friends, and potential clients. This is a low-cost service the provides you the ability to send physical postage paid cards that people will appreciate. In addition, they have gifts that you can send out too! No more standing in lines, looking through a plethora of cards and trying to remember to send them. And, I will not event talk about the postal service lines. (lol) If you’re interested in this service, please use my link at https://www.sendoutcards.com/134897 watch the informational video and sign up!
2. Auto-posting – This is a great way to get information out, but to make sure you still have time to spend with your loved ones. Use TweetDeck or Hootsuite to schedule posts to go out. Send greetings through either platform that will post to your pages, your groups, and your customers.
3. Share your holiday pictures and happenings. You have to limit what you share, but depending on the level of personal contact and information you want to share there is an opportunity to let people in through your pictures, checkins, and holiday quotes. It takes a couple of seconds to upload a photo taken on a camera phone, but people will comment and keep coming back to your page. Ask customers, group members, etc. to share theirs with you too! You can use site like Flickr, Picasa, and Photobucket.
4. Encourage customers to buy Gift Cards online. If you are a small business you can still sell like the big boys. Try out Gift Tango and you can have customers access gift cards directly from your site and they can be delivered electronically or physically through the mail. The service allows you to keep track of all purchases online and can be integrated into your existing website.
5. Truly engage your customers by having them make a video and/or holiday song that involves your business. This is a fun way to get people to share and be creative. You can choose the best or keep the fun going by letting fans choose the best participant. Upload the videos through your YouTube account and post them on your site to gain more traffic. Then, once the contest is over you need to give the winner a great big prize. You many also want to give all the contestants a discount on services or products. You would be surprised how much time a person will take to create a great message for a discount or free products.
This should keep you busy and your customers in-tune with your holiday specials. Let me know if you have any other suggestions by replying to this message. And, make sure that you subscribe and share with your friends and colleagues. Like our page at www.Facebook.com/TheSocialMediaConcierge! Happy Thanksgiving from Lady Bizness.
Remember to Show Up & Show Out with your Social Media
Chisa D. Pennix-Brown. MBA
The Social Media Concierge